Friday, February 21, 2014

The Betty Skirt

I'm so excited to let you know that the wonderful Shaffer Sisters have debuted their first pattern e-book today, the Betty Skirt! 
 

The skirt features a deep yoke with several skirt options.  There are instructions in the pattern to make a gathered skirt, 8-pleated skirt, 16-pleated skirt, or skirt with center placket.  SO many options!

 
I was lucky enough to be one of the testers for the 8-pleated version.  This is the kind of pattern that I love.  I only had to print one pattern piece, and that was the pleating template.  The yoke and skirt could conveniently be cut with my rotary cutter.  The four pattern options are also organized efficiently so that they are easy to find and print out as needed. 


The Shaffer Sisters have made sure that every possible fit issue could be avoided while sewing this pattern.  There are helpful diagrams and size charts to help you measure and cut for the perfect size.


I had fun picking out fabrics for the skirt. I had just enough left of the floral sateen from this dress to use for the yoke.  The pleats are really allowed to shine with the solid pool fabric, yet I was able to put some personality into the skirt with the floral yoke.  The skirt is absolutely adorable on my girls and they have requested to wear it several times - I suspect because it twirls nicely with all the pleated fabric and is fancier than most skirts I've made them. 
And they're totally into fancy right now.
 
I can't wait to try out the pleating again and maybe sew up a skirt with a placket!  If you wan to know more about the pattern and show them some love visit Pattern Revolution and the Shaffer Sisters.  
The pattern is available on craftsy for $5 (regular price will be $9) through the weekend (Sale ends 11:59 AM MST Sunday, February 24). 

No comments:

Post a Comment