Saturday, December 7, 2013

Color Your Own Tote




Check one off the Christmas gift making list!  Have you seen the IKEA Tidny fabric?  It's this great canvas-like cotton with interesting drawings on it that are meant to be colored in with permanent markers or fabric pens.  I think it's a fantastic way to give a personalized gift.  Have the kids color the fabric and then sew it up into a tote for giving.  



I considered writing a tutorial, but this one is better than I would write up.  I've also seen this fabric made into skirts, shorts, and pillows.  I plan on making the girls some skirts.  I have a feeling they'll get a kick out of wearing something they've colored.  What's everyone else making to give this year?


also linked at:
Creat Link Inspire


3 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing - this fabric is fantastic! A tote bag like that would be a great gift with a set of fabric markers.

    ReplyDelete