Thursday, December 19, 2013

Penelope Peplum




I haven't finished Christmas gifts yet, but I sure did find some time to make myself a new shirt.  A way to be productive while still procrastinating.  

You may have noticed it in the Faux Fur Vest Tutorial post.  The pattern is the Penelope Peplum by See Kate Sew.  It was on-sale during Black Friday weekend and I snapped it up as quick as I found out.  



I heart peplums because they are fitted where I feel confident, and flowy where I don't.  It was pretty quick to sew up and straight forward.  Everything worked out like it should, but I'm not sure if the peplum skirt is at the right place on my waist.  I keep thinking it should move up a couple inches, but the next day I think it's great as is.  Or maybe I should've sewn a shorter sleeve option.  What do you think?


In case you're wondering, the fabric is from JoAnn Fabrics.  It's a very nicely weighted knit.  I walked by it and debated forever whether or not it was outdated looking or fashionable - so hard to determine when it's on the bolt rather than a person.  I think in the end it's pretty trendy - reminds me of some Urban Outfitter shirts I've seen.  


I hope to sew up another soon - gotta get this peplum perfected so I can look good while still indulging in all the cookies we've started making!  Any one else procrastinating, or is everyone finished with Christmas gifts?

4 comments:

  1. oooh, love this!! It's very flattering, more dressed up than an everyday tee. I'm interested - it this fabric woven or knit?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! oh yeah I should add that - it's knit. I nice weighted one, not too thin.

      Delete
  2. Love it! I so need to try that pattern... I think the peplum looks good! I think it elongates your torso where sometimes they tend to make ppl look short-waisted. And I love that fabric too! I can never seem to find the good knits at joanns :/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I know what you mean about the short waisted ones. I feel like I never find the good knits either! there are too many places they hide things. Every once and a while there's a success :)

      Delete