Monday, June 10, 2013

Baseball Toddler Tanks

I whipped up some quick Oriole's baseball tanks for the girls a little while ago.  These tanks are relatively easy to make.  I think it took me a couple hours from cut to finish, but I was making it up as I went so they could probably be made faster. 

I used 2 XL Jerzee tees so I wouldn't have to bother with hemming the bottom.  The black lace was leftover from my Project Sewn 80s lace gloves.  I picked up the sheer orange fabric with little shimmery dots from Joann's.

I used the Party Dress front bodice pattern and extended it in an A line to the length I needed.  I used the same pattern for both the front, back, and back overlay pieces.  Once I had the three pieces cut out, I sewed the overlay onto the back t-shirt fabric piece with the wrong side of the t-shirt fabric facing the right side of the overlay.  Then I flipped the overlay over so the right side was showing.  I hemmed the arm and neck holes of the front t-shirt fabric piece before sewing it to the back with the right sides together at the sides and shoulders.

At this point, the tanks were looking a little Halloween-y.  I decided to use a freezer paper stencil to add the Oriole's "O's" symbol/logo.  There are a lot of tutorials out there on how to do this - I highly recommend trying this out!

Since this was a rush job, I only used a couple layers of fabric paint - the black tank could use another layer.  This was a pretty satisfying project since it filled a gap in their wardrobe.  They have a ton of dresses and skirts, but not much sports gear (yet).

Go team!!!  Actually, this is just them showing me their muscles.  So cute!

Also linked at:

Think Pink Sunday


  1. Haha, love that muscles pic! And now I really want a golden Oreo - good thing I'm too lazy to drive to the store :)

  2. Adorable!!! I love that it's sporty with a touch of girly!!!