I recently reorganized my fabric stash and realized that I had some fabric (from Girl Charlee) that just HAD to be made into 4th of July outfits. I decided to make a knit romper and simple dress. The dress hasn't even been cut out, so this is just a sneak peak of the romper before I have both finished and take some sister pictures.
I didn't do a pleat in the front bodice and instead added a ruffle along the top. The straps are strips of contrasting fabric that are tied through a loop in the back. The back bodice was shortened to only come up to the arm holes.
I think the knit fabric worked out well with the pattern. It fits her a little more comfortably than the Butterfly Romper that was made with woven fabric. As soon as I get the dress finished up I'll get some better pics...if my model doesn't decide to quit and take a fake nap again.
Also linked at: