Thursday, November 21, 2013

Something for my Other Half


When my husband had a birthday last month, I thought it would be good to finally sew him something. He does so much for me by putting up with my disaster sewing area and taking pictures of everything so I can share.  It's high time I put aside fabric and time for him and not just the kids (or me).


The tshirt is a free pattern over at Burda Style called Pete.  The pattern wasn't too difficult and went together well.  I spent quite a few hours on it though.  I wanted to make sure that the stripes matched perfectly and that the inside seams were nice and clean.  No rushing!  When I was finished, it looked humungous and I was pretty sure it was going to be a fail.  But I tried it on and it looked good on me except for the shoulder width so I was pretty pleased.


This must be his best side, since almost all the pics I took of him looked like this!  It's kinda weird that I made one exactly like the pattern picture.  I didn't intend to, it's just that this black/grey striped knit was the manliest fabric I had on hand.  I love it though - he doesn't have a lot of striped shirts or black and grey ones.  I think he loves it too since he wears it pretty often, so I think I'll start trying some more men's patterns.  I'd love to hear of any good ones!

Also linked at:
Make it Wear it Thursday

4 comments:

  1. This may be the first thing you've sewed for him, but you also made him that awesome sweater! Nice job matching up the stripes; no way I'd have the patience for that :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband has been begging me to make him some shorts! I have the pattern and fabric purchased, and I've just been dragging my feet! I think I get kind of nervous sewing for anyone but myself or my kiddos!

    Your shirt turned out great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job! We don't see enough sewing for guys in blogland :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks great! I'm planning to sew for my husband this weekend. Fingers crossed I can get it done!

    ReplyDelete