Sunday, November 3, 2013

Swing Skirt - Compagnie M.


A few weeks ago Marte from Compagnie M. announced a new pattern, the Swing Skirt, and asked if anyone would like to test it.  I applied of course - who wouldn't, do you see how beautiful it is?!?  Luckily I was selected!  I've been excited for the release of this skirt ever since Marte first posted about it.



The design of this skirt is so sophisticated with it's front box pleat, yet the large side pockets make it really fun for the kids.  



Great for collecting leaves…


And for showcasing special fabric from your stash.  (Raccoons!!!)  


The pattern was very clean and easy to follow.  It comes in versions with or without seam allowances added and includes instructions for inserting an invisible zipper.  The skirt has a flat waistband with a back zipper, but an adjustable waistband can be easily added.  I ended up adding elastic across the back so both girls could wear it.


I had some hiccups in construction of the waistband (inserted it upside down twice), but it was because I was rushing to finish it and see it modeled.  I knew it was my new favorite skirt for the girls before I had even completed it.  Can't wait to make more.  I think with the right fabric it will be a wonderful winter skirt.





The pattern has been officially released and can be found here!  It comes in sizes 12 months - 10 years!  Check it out and also catch the pattern tour of all the other versions that have been made.
 
 
Also linked at:

7 comments:

  1. Cute! You always have the best fabrics, too - the racoons are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! finding fun fabric is maybe my favorite part of sewing. Don't the raccoons look so sneaky peaking out of the pockets? :)

      Delete
  2. I love the combo of the solid then then fun raccoon! I have the pattern as well but I need to invest in Amin isi me zipper foot...

    ReplyDelete
  3. That skirt is adorable...I would like that style for me :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true, me too! If only I knew how to scale it up.

      Delete
  4. So cute! I love the fabrics you chose! How cute is that little raccoon peaking out!

    ReplyDelete