Thursday, April 25, 2013

KCW progress

Still participating in the KCW challenge and working on items for the kids at least 1 hr (usually more) a night! 
After making their Earth Day shirts I had to take a break and whip out a Dino Hooded Towel for a birthday party this weekend.  I was going to have the spikes go all the way down and add a tail but I'm afraid it won't wash well.  I still have time, maybe I'll change it.  I used the Prudent Baby hooded towel tutorial for a starting place.  I rounded out the hood and cut a slit to add the spikes before I attatched the hood.  Maybe I'll take pictures of the process if I make more this summer.
But I still worked on items for the kids.  I used the girls' princess stamps and some acryllic paint to begin stamping some Jerzee tshirts to make I didn't know what.  The next night I made a dress out of one of the shirts.  
I thought I made it way too big, but it was actually really snug.  Oh well, I'm learning.  Maybe I should use a pattern next time!  I'm thinking of making some shorts and a tshirt out of the other shirt I stamped.  We'll see how it goes!  And hopefully I can get some pics of the girls in their new (Cinderella) stamped outfits.

1 comment:

  1. Okay, I'll stop comment-bombing your blog soon hopefully (sorry!), but item number 2 for your shop would be the hooded towel :) Also adorable!