Monday, April 15, 2013

Spring!


The trees are finally blooming outside and I thought it would be a perfect time to get pictures of the girls  in their Easter dresses.  Since it was pretty dreary and windy out on Easter, we didn't get great pics that day.


The dresses they are wearing are made following two free online tutorials.  One is The Cottage Home Party Dress and the other is the Let's Fly a Kite Sundress by Craftiness is not Optional.  I followed the party dress tutorial for a 2T and it came out a little big, but the tie in the back helped fix that.  The sundress was drafted from a 2T shirt, but I probably should've used a 3T so it could slide on and off easier.  I added on some pink flowers hoping they'd be more likely to wear the dresses willingly, since they love all clothes with flowers.






I love this party dress.  So simple, but the back is gorgeous with fabric covered buttons...though you can't see them since all her long hair is covering them.







I added a green bow in the back of the let's fly a kite dress so they'd match better in the back.






I also added some pockets to the let's fly a kite dress.  They LOVE pockets!  And I love these dresses.  The fabric is from Riley Blake designs and I have to hold myself back from buying more.  I plan using the dress patterns again since they were so easy to understand.








HAPPY SPRING!!!

1 comment:

  1. These dresses are SO cute! They seriously look store bought, too. Nice job :)

    ReplyDelete