A while ago the girls went to JoAnn's with me and picked out this popsicle fabric. I've been wanting to make shirred dresses out of them, but hesitated because my old Brother sewing machine did not like to shir fabric. Turns out my new Singer does just fine, but I still had lots of issues because I kinda forgot how to do it! It was super easy once I figured it out.
|I definitely ironed these dresses an hour before they put them on. They are so rough on clothes!|
When I looked up different shirred toddler dresses, I came across this one at Prudent Baby. I love the pom pom trim straps! I'm not sure how it will hold up in the wash, but we'll see.
One thing I learned after making the first dress is that they REALLY like pom pom trim. So much that I started a riot over who got to wear the pink one I had made first on Day 3. So I had to put it away until I could find time during Days 4 and 5 to make the yellow one.
This kid refused to give me anything but goofy faces.
I have learned to only give white popsicles for photo sessions for now on. The pink dress got red popsicle all over it right away. Good thing it blends in. I also made a half hand knitted, half regular fabric dress, but it's not quite finished. I some how stretched out the knitted piece and now it's 3 inches too big. Back to blocking it now - hope it turns out better!